If he ate river stones and is having diarrhea, he may have a partial
blockage. Whether he can pass the stones or not remains to be seen and I
would consult with a vet as a complete blockage could occur at any time
and result in emergency surgery. Better IMO to do surgery prior to a
complete block while Cooper is still in good condition if that is what
your vet recommends than to wait til the bowel is total blocked and
compromised.

Susan Ablon
Gweebarra BMD
Balch Springs, Tx