At work today, one of my co-workers called me over to her cubicle (she views the
pay-per-view screeners before they go out) and she happened to be viewing a movie
called "Equilibrium".  She told me to watch this scene (which was aweful) the movie is
set in the future after world war 3 and people take medication to not feel anything.
The soldiers come across some place that has a bunch of dogs (which aren't allowed in
the present time and must be destroyed).  They start to destroy the dogs when one of
the men (who hasn't been taking his medication of not having feelings picks up a
bernese mountain dog puppy (8-9 weeks old perhaps).  The dog licks the man's face.
The soldier orders it to be destroyed along with the other dogs (I know, a horrible
scene) but, the man who hasn't taken his medication makes the excuse that the puppy
must be tested for diseases (trying to save the puppy's life and not get caught for
having feels because he hasn't taken his meds).  He takes the puppy away.   The
director obviously wanted to use the cutest puppy he could find in order to draw
sympathy from the character and the audience.