One of my Flat Coat puppy owners (had two dogs from me) moved to a place in
the country in ME & no fences or dog runs were allowed.  He set up a o/h
trolly system for his two dogs.  The younger pulled out of his buckle collar
& was gone for several hours.  When Duncan found Parker, a neighbor had
kicked the 9mo dog in the head, shattered one tooth, broke off another,
fractured his jaw & caused a lot of swelling on the side of the dog's face.
There was nothing Duncan could do to 'prove' the people did it, but he knew.

Sooo, he didn't want the dogs to get away like that again, so he put choke
chains on them when they were on the trolly.
He was always outside with them, but this one day, a new neighbor dropped
in.  He said he was only in the house 10min, but when he came back out, the
2yr dog had choked to death.  Duncan had tied the dogs to their trollies so
they overlapped a foot & could play together.  The puppy flipped around, got
tangled in Casey's cable & the more Casey pulled, the tighter the choke
chain went until it choked all the life out of him.  Duncan was lucky the
pup had not choked to death too!!   He & I cried over the phone (we live in
Ca, he lives in Me) together for 3 days!!  When the lake thawed, he
sprinkled Casey's ashes into the lake & Parker (pup) jumped in 'on top of
Casey' as he always did.  Duncan had called me to light a candle for
Casey---more long distance blubbering.

Anyway, it's probably best to put a harness on a dog if he's going to be
tied out on a trolly!

Kathy Davis   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Windraider Kennels
California
www.windraiderkennels.com
Bernese Mtn Dogs - Int Am BIS Can CH Windraider's Black Oak v Bevs , HIT,
CGC, TDI  "Tobin"
                                Windraider's Manjula v Bev's   "Jul"
                                Windraider's Seven Seas Briggand  "Briggand"
10 mo
                                Windraider's Black Oak Conspiracy   "Brenna"
10 mo
Flat Coated Retv - Int Am CH Twofold Samba Sam, CGC, TDI "Sam" (liver-DK
imp)
Labs & Eskie - Scout, Babe & Klondike