Just an update on Barli's cyclical stool problem. We are now calling it
"soft stools" as they are not watery. They occur suddenly in the middle of
the night (she is confined to our kitchen and we do not hear her).  She had
another bout on Monday night and yesterday we visited our vet. Parasite test
was negative and he has given her enzymes and we are hoping we won't have
another bout in 7-9 days. Many of you have written to me saying you have a
similar problem with your Berner. Thanks so much for all the marvellous
have been varied.
This morning I suddenly realized that the "soft stool" episodes  have been
occurring after Barli has had an egg. We have eggs in the morning once a
week and usually on Sunday's and have been giving her a cooked egg at the
same time.  If we miss Sunday we have them on Monday morning. These soft
stool episodes have occurred in the middle of Monday or Tuesday nights -
always early in the week and only once each time. Cannot believe that I
never thought of the eggs!
Has anyone found this reaction to eggs?
Marilyn Lister, Chelsea, Quebec