From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: February 5, 2003 8:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: masticatory myositis

Hi-  I brought my boy Kerzon in to see the vet today, as I noticed muscle
atrophy occurring over his eye, which is now progressing to under the cheek
bone and to the other side of his head.  The vet diagnosed masticatory
myositis.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this
problem, or any disease that resulted in muscle atrophy around the head.
My vet is not recommending any treatment at this time, and the atrophy does
not seem to be bothering Kerzon at all.  I obviously want to learn
everything I can about this disease, and also make sure that I'm following
the best course of care for this special boy.  Thanks!
Ann Skinner
Tatters and Kerzon