I just had to write, as many of you know my now 7 month old girl came from a volume breeder (not huge, 10-24 litters a year). We did not know this when we bought her. Her french pedigree and registration papers came last week (the day after she was spayed). We have had behaviour problems with her from day one. We chose this breed for their temperament.......... we did not expect to have a hyperactive bite-monster. We love her to bits, we work hard with her everyday to improve her behaviour, we try to avoid trigger things, however we are not experts, if we had known in advance we would never had wanted a dog like this. We bought a dog for life, and we will continue to work with her (many many thanks to all the advice we have been given, she is so much better, but still difficult). I suspect that there will be a time when many more BMD's needing rehoming have behaviour problems, and it will be because owners can't cope, not always because they won't. Luckily I was a special school teacher before so have patience, but many people do not have the type or amount of patience needed to deal with behavioural issues. However, we have to live with the knowledge that as she grows up she has to improve or it we be all of us having to pay the price,
Emma and Tatty (how long before spaying changes my character) in France