[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> All dog-dog interactions are much less complicated for a neutered dog (and
> less nerve wracking for you as well!) so unless you're growing Duncan up as a
> potential stud dog, I'd suggest neutering him sooner rather than later.

For the most part this is very true.  However, having a neutered male doesn't
always gurarantee you peace from other intact males.  Some neutered males seem to
have some sort of  'eau de bitch'  about them and actually attract the attentions
of intact males.  My neutered male takes ***great exception*** to being mounted
by intact males.  I watch every interaction very carefully.  I'm the only one
that can keep my dogs safe.

Marjie