> Anyone feed raw eggs to the dogs?
We keep about a dozen hens so give the occasional raw egg to each of our
dogs.  Just a word of caution:  On two instances lately we had some counter
surfing.  The first time Mo ate seven eggs, shells and all.  She ended up
with a bad case of pancreatitis, giving her stomach upset and diarrhea for
about five days.  The second time was just this week when Barney scarfed
down a full dozen.  Again a case of pancreatitis.  Being a quick study, I
knew what to do for him and he was back to full health within 36 hours.  If
anyone runs into this, I'll share my management regimen which I got from my
vet.  Each time they ate the eggs, shells and all.  I don't know if their
illness was caused by the volume of eggs or by the shells or a combination
of the two.  Needless to say, I'm trying hard to keep eggs out of their
reach.  Interestingly enough, the two counter surfers are a Gordon Setter
and an Australian Shepherd.  My Berner isn't a bad counter surfer at all.

Claudia Brydon in NW PA
Barney OA NAJ (Aussie)
Boomer (Bernese Mountain Dog)
Mo (Gordon Setter Granddog)