> the kids liked it (they like it less now that he is 70 lbs). We are
working
> on this with him, but like all Goldens, he just has a lot of energy.
However,
> Kona the Berner will just go up to kids and sniff them a little, and then
sit
> down by them and wait to be petted, and if they are willing she will lie
on
> her back for a belly rub. Kona is by far much more mellow than Ajax. She
> however, has the typical Berner health problems

Unlike Ajax, my male Golden Retriever, Bear, earned the nickname of "mellow
yellow."
He had the patience of a saint!

On the other hand, I have owned more than several Berners that would give
Ajax a "run for
his money" and leave him in the dirt with their "take-life-on-at-full-speed"
attitude.

While breeds in general have characteristics that they are known for, it is
not uncommon
 for the individuals of that breed to "run the gamut."

Tailwags,
Cathy Burlile
Memories BMDs  .... remembering Memories Color Me Bad v Bev's ..... her name
fit her to a T ....
                                      smart as a whip, as stubborn as they
come; dressed up like a Berner, but I think
                                          something else was "living in
there!"