Or, as the local Berner club likes to say, they shed once, for 365 days.
I don't mind pet hair at all. I probably wouldn't know how to breathe in air without it!
The breeder of my first two Bernese told me, 20 years ago, that she cannot even slice open a baked potato without finding dog hair in it.
A Berner owner with a baby who is now a teen told me she would find it in diapers.
I was born and grew up in Detroit. I do my laundry regularly. Yet, even so, whenever I would leave New England to visit Detroit (dogs were boarded) my mother and sister would exclaim with amazement that wherever I sat, slept, etc., well, dog hair would be deposited. Since I am not a slob, I can only assume that it follows you!
Lisa Allen