From: "Kenneth L Babcock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 12:00 PM
Subject: My Berner Opinion

    First off I'd like to thank everyone that has offered their opinions and
experiences both good and bad.
It seems like your mailing group contains a very diverse collection of
Bernese Mountain Dog lovers! Some seem to dwell the negative while others
embrace the positive. At this point I don't see myself spending several
thousands of dollars for the illness of a dog that is near an unavoidable
death. Hopefully that does not make me a bad person?
    Next, I am in love with the breed and choose to persue finding a good
reputable breeder (which I think I already found). My decision will be based
on my breeder and rest assured all the issues brought up in this forum will
be discussed at great length between myself and which ever breeder I decide
on.
    Finally, NO Teressa I don't cast away a sick pet! I will do the best I
can with what ever means I have but I will not be spending ten's of
thousand's of dollars on berner or any other pet that ultimatly faces
terminal illness. I hope someone out there understands my point of view and
that I am not condemed as some animal hater............

Thanks to ALL!!!!!
Kenny