Hi all,

Yesterday we went over to our friends house for a playdate.  My friend Maura has a
berner and a retired Guiding Eyes brood dog (black lab).  Pecan, the lab, has a habit
of grabbing the other dogs by the collars in play.  She drops it right away when you
tell her, but she does it over and over.  Yesterday, she grabbed Sallie by the collar,
and as I was saying "Drop it" Sallie must have twisted and Pecan's teeth got caught.
I was running over to them, worried about Pecan's teeth as she was realy crying.  But
when I got there, I realized that Sallie was barely breathing.  The scariest part was
that Pecan's jaw was caught right around the buckle, so there wasn't enough room for
me to get Sallie's collar off.  Well, between the two of us, Maura and I got Pecan
untwisted and all was well.  No loose teeth, no blood, no trauma to Sallie.  But I'll
tell you this-  Pecan learned her lesson!!!
   So, when I'm done here, I'm ordering a few breakaway collars!

Kendra, Jackson, and Sallie