Since the Pet Insurance question has surfaced again, I have a question to
ask those that use plans other than VPI.

Every year or so as my VPI policies come up for renewal I check around for
the various pet insurance carriers.  Many of the plans I find cannot provide
quotes or policy information because "they are changing underwriters".  In
some cases I never hear back from the firm, or its MONTHS before I get any
information.

So if your insurance carrier changes underwriters frequently does that
dramically change the policy from year to year?  Does this cause delay in
paying benifits?  Are their billing issues?

I have been with VPI since Patriot was a baby, I am happy with the claims I
have submitted and prompt payment of those claims.  I do have the 'Routine
Care' rider that covers yearly stuff, and am about to utilize it for blood
tests, and the like.  Have I had issues with VPI .. one small one.  Last
year when they were upgrading thier computers, I was 'double' billed, I
called they explained what and why and corrected the issue.  ... the next
month I wasn't billed for that dog, I called they indicated that they were
in the process of upgrading so the 'billing' would be delayed a bit... it
took 7 months for them to bill me for that dog again.  Since I have the
premiums taken directly from my checking account it just got handled
eventually .. but it was a bit annoying.

my .02

Teresa, Patriot (3.5) and Romeo (23 months)