All of our Berners are also happy retrievers.  Haley, at 11 1/2 will still
retrieve enthusiastically.  In her puppy temperament test, she retrieved the
thrown object 5 times, and the evaluator stopped at that point.  (Always
bringing it back happily, not just investigating).

Cassie, our 4 year old will play fetch with a tennis ball for as long as we
allow.  She has never willingly quit, and usually outlasts our Border
Collie!

It isn't a breed specific game!

Some of ours has been cultivated, but Haley's was totally natural, and
Cassie's retrieve drive is far beyond what has ever been taught.

Kris

Clark and Kris Osojnicki and the Bevy of mostly Berners
Haley, Mara, Lexi, Cassie & Niko (& Pearle the Border Collie)
Chalet & Tiki (both in loving memory)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]