With much sadness I have just added beloved Katie to the Histio Roll Call
Site

http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/histiorollcall.htm

>From Chris and Herb Baker:

>We lost our First Berner to Histio,  this past Monday.
We've never dealt with this curse, personally, till now;  in any Berner
we've owned or bred;     and are thrown for a loop.     And, Katie was
one of our own Berners.   We bred & delivered her,  her mom,  her
grand-dad,  and her  great-grandma;  all of whom are alive and very
well.

>All of Katies siblings are being spayed/ neutered, as is her mom
(just to be safe).    And Katie had puppies, in Oct.  and they are all
on spay/ neuter contracts, too.     We also submitted a blood sample,
for the Histio study.

Biggest hugs to Chris and Herb here, this is such an awful shock! And they
are being so brave and caring!

It was only a short while ago we were talking as they had submitted blood
samples of their older healthy dogs to the Histio Study and encouraged their
puppy owners to do the same!

>We heartily agree that something MUST BE DONE, in the areas of research and
treatment of histiocytosis, and other canine diseases !!  As a matter of
fact, we are presently
following up several leads on the subject, and we will pass along any
information we get..
"If we can dream it, we can do it !"

Find Katie's Tribute Page on Histio Roll Call, a true "hero!" She had an
extra six happy weeks thanks to Herb's cooking!

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/longlease/histiorollcall.htm