From: Denise Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 9:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Berner List
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Invisable Fencing]

Nancy,
When I lived in a development I used IF on my Mel who was attacked by a
stray Rhodesian Ridgeback that walked thru the IF.  This stray,
purebread dog, lived eight miles away in a different city!  I do not
denounce IF but, if someone has no other alternative but to install an
IF, then they deffinately should hear the bad bad xperiences as well as
the good.  I am simply stating my experiences so that others can make a
well informed determination on which type of fencing is best for their
needs.
- Denise
Michigan USA

Nancy wrote:

> RE: Invisable Fencing
> From:
> "Nancy Melone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:
> Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:11:49 -0800
> To:
> "Denise Vickers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>Denise --
>In many cases, the problem when people inquire about IF is that they are
not
>allowed to erect a physical fence without violating their housing plan
>rules. This problem is becoming more prevalent and so people are searching
>for information on alternative ways to protect their dogs from auto injury
>and roaming off premise in their neighborhoods.  I live in such a
>neighborhood -- my neighbors contain their dogs, so there is virtually no
>problem with outside dogs roaming into our yards (it is against the law
>anyway, so our development can easily enforce this should someone be a bit
>lax -- a reminder letter usually does it).  In addition, many people have
IF