I am pleased with the recent performance of my Ford Windstar as it has gotten me safely back and forth to Angell Memorial Animal Hospital and, during the storm when 100 cars were piled up on 95 in the Attleboro, MA area, it got me through blinding snow, around the pile-up via a detour, and home safely. Why was I on the road, you ask? It was not my intention to be caught in the storm. When I left to purchase Moses' medicine, it was not snowing. I don't like the fact that everything is automatic these days; when I requested manual controls for doors, windows, whatever, the salesman looked at me like I was Fred Flintstone asking for a new club.
My favorite vehicle of all time, but I shall not buy another, is the Suburban. I don't like the modern ones at all. I want them to bring back the big, boxy ones with the double rear doors that practically screamed, "Bring me your dogs, horses, building materials, etc!" The current ones scream, "Fetch me your soccer team and park me only in the tonier neighborhoods!"
My vehicle carries what is most precious to me, my dogs. Therefore, every three months I take it in for a check up, work, whatever, whether it needs it or not.
I lease so that means they "force" me to get a new vehicle every three years. I lease because of this and because I am protected by the automobile company as well as the local emergency services company, just in case.
I have trained my salesman, a long-timer, to respond to my needs. He knows that he can not put one over on me and that, if a vehicle is delivered which does not meet my specifications (for the dogs, of course), I shall refuse delivery. To his credit, he personally went shopping for special mats for me for the dogs to use under the crates in the van.
I "buy" my vehicles in the neighboring state at a dealership whose emphasis has always been on, mainly, personal satisfaction and excellent service. Since these are my priorities re: my driving experience, it suits me well.
Lisa Allen