Posted in plain text for Eve:

Kenny,
This is answer to your question about pet therapy work. I do work at two
different hospitals with my dog Casper. He is certified through TDI
(therapy dogs international) and the Delta Society. It is a wonderful
and rewarding service that we do and I can't tell you how much it has
meant to both of us. Casper is a natural, loves people, is very calm and
handles any situation without fail. We have met some wonderful people
and friends at both hospitals and I highly recommend this volunteering
for you and your dog.
I suggest you call your local hospitals to see if they have a program
and get involved.

Good luck and I hope that you find that special Berner very soon. I have
found in going to the hospital with Casper that people are in awe of
this big beautiful gentle dog. The hospital staff is especially
impressed with him and they really welcome us everytime we go.

You might also look into the book called Nose to Nose by Barry Scheiber
which tells the story of his Bernese, Moritz, and their trips to the
hospital to visit. It will give you more insight into pet therapy.

Eve
www.byjove.net