Hi, all, My kuvasz girl's (Nefi's) tumor turned out to be a
fibrosarcoma, not a perianal carcinoma as the vet had thought, so I've
been reading about fibrosarcoma and have found out the following

--common in dogs and cats
--locally invasive, slow growing
--no site predilection
--metastasis is rare
--may become quite large before any clinical signs are apparent.

We will probably be following up the surgery with chemotherapy and have
a choice of protocols involving single agents or combinations of agents.

If anyone is knowledgeable about fibrosarcoma (the research) and/or has
had experience with it, could you contact me and let me know if your
experience/research has indicated that a particular protocol is more
effective than others?

Whichever of the following protocols we choose, we would repeat the
cycle every 21 days for 4--6 treatments.

The choices of protocols are

1. Doxorubicin alone

2. Mitoxantrone alone

3. AC Protocol (Doxorubicin & Cyclophosphamide)

4. VAC Protocol (Vincristine, Doxorubicin, Cyclophosphamide)

Thanks for any help/info!  After surgery, Nefi is doing quite well--back
to her old self: lively, protective, happy--and her incision is healing
up nicely.  Her blood tests and xray indicate no metastasis.

Christy Kabler