Pat, Margaret and list,
     I called the shelter,  and he has found a home with one of the shelter
volunteers.
They will continue to employ him in therapy work, and he has a very loving
home to go to. They agree he appears to be mostly berner, though his legs
are "collie-like"
They have no pedigree or papers on him.
Alls well that ends well.
Kathleen Shields