Does anyone know if hot sauce is harmful to dogs?

I'm asking because that is the only way we can get one of our dogs to eat -- by putting "Frank's" hot sauce on his food!

This particular dog developed the nasty habit of eating some of the other dogs' poop. We tried a number of things to break the habit. We tried various additives to food (from meat tenderizer to licorice). We have tried to keep the yard scooped, but with 10 dogs there is always a poop hiding in the bushes somewhere. So, we resorted to the brilliant idea of pouring a glug or two of hot sauce (we prefer the brand "Frank's") on top of fresh poops, assuming that anyone (anydog) who ate them would "get burned" and be taught not to eat poop.

Well, that did not work either. In fact, it seems that one of the dogs has become quite addicted to Frank's and now will not eat his meals unless there is a few drops of hot sauce on them.

Not only is this inconvenient, but we are starting to worry that hot sauce may have some undesirable side effects.

So, does anyone know if hot sauce is harmful to dogs?

Thanks,

Rick Robinson