Michaela,

>> The bad news is, that it's hard. REALLY hard. On you. This is the ONE
time you will have to turn into Lucifer personified. Your dog must be
left in no doubt that whatever fun he just had attacking that sheep is
FAR outweighed by the consequences.<<

I only can agree with that. When our Max chased and killed a goose years
ago, I pulled him the whole way home, put him in the garage (he never is
in the garage, always in the house with us). He had to sit and stay
there on one spot without moving even a muscle for 2 hours, then he was
allowed back into the house, only to sit and stay for another 1 hour on
his bed. We had no verbal or physical contact with him, only in a sharp
voice the commands "sit and stay". Since that day when he goes in to a
pond, the ducks and geese can swim around him, he won't even bother to
look at them. The hours in the dark, smelling garage he never forgot.
But it was very hard on me. You all know, how Bernese can look, when
they want to say sorry. Fortunately we never had any problems with
sheep, although we live in the country. I think, they are to big for
Max. He prefers smaller prey.

Martina Stelter
Munich, Germany