As embarrassed as I am, I had to share this story and problem.

Yesterday I came home from work to find my 1 year 2 month old boy berner had chewed up
my book I’m currently reading...”So you want to be a dog trainer”. Trust me I’m aware
of the irony and please continue reading when you’re done laughing. Anyway, Oscar has
been blocked off for the last two months to only part of the house (he had elbow
surgery and I didn’t want him laying on the hard wood floor) and in these two months
he hasn't gotten into any trouble HOWEVER when he’s left with free roam of the house
he randomly gets himself into trouble. He’ll go for weeks and sometimes a few months
and not do anything and then one day I’ll come home to something chewed! I can’t think
of any specific reason he rips things up or chews things so randomly! Does it sound
like something that he’ll grow out of once his brains come? Or am I just going to have
to block him off forever? Has anyone else had this issue? He clearly likes to have
free roam more then being blocked off too (less crying when he has free roam). I just
don't get it!

Thanks
Kelli & Oscar (apparently I don't want mom to be a dog trainer)
Livonia, MI