Today, our wonderful Sunny Bunny turned 9 years old. When he was diagnosed almost 3 years ago, we never thought we would see this day. He is noticeably failing. He falls more and can no longer go down normal steps. I am impressed to watch the ways he has learned to compensate for or avoid certain situations. I am pleased that he has been doing especially well the last few days.

One of his favorite games is to carry the toys outside. My part in the game is to bring them back inside. Some toys are stored in a flower pot on the porch. Others are not supposed to go outside to get wet and buggy. Today (for his birthday) he was allowed to carry anything he wanted outside. He was very proud of himself because he knew he was pulling a fast one on his mama.

Both boys got Frosty Paws topped with a strawberry for dessert. IF they tasted it before they inhaled it, I think they both liked it.

My favorite part of Sunny is the wonderful soft fur on top of his head and his beautiful eyes.

Happy Birthday, dear friend. I am glad you came into our lives.

Nell

--
Nell and John Ward  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Bern, North Carolina