We have a training school, and teach a lot of the classes at the school.  I
often demo/work with someone else's dog.  I don't' believe the students want
to see me working with my own trained dogs.  I NEVER correct someone else's
dog, and never do anything with the dog or puppy that isn't fun for the
puppy/dog.  I think at times it is good for puppies in particular, to work
with other people, as long as they have fun.

Much of what I demo is tricks, and or little agility steps, such as intro's
to front cross footwork, where dog gets a cookie for making a turn in the
right direction etc.

I do ask for permission to work with a dog, but don't get refused, as my
students know that the situation will be a positive one for the dog.

So, it isn't necessarily absolute taboo to allow someone else to work with
your dog.  Make sure you are comfortable with the person who is doing so,
and with the philosophies used.  If you aren't comfortable with the things
an instructor may do with your dog, you may actually not be comfortable with
the techniques used in general.  Make sure that it is a training program you
are happy with deep down.

Kris

Clark and Kris Osojnicki and the Bevy of mostly Berners
Haley, Mara, Lexi, Cassie & Niko (& Pearle the Border Collie)
Chalet & Tiki (both in loving memory)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]