A year sure goes by quick! Holly (Gretel Von Grenzweg) is 1 year old today. She had her first heat in April and then went through a molt that produced enough Berner hair to knit an entire litter of puppies. We were a little bit worried that after the first big molt the nature of her coat would change but it is coming in the same as before, closer to mink than berner. She is a supersoft cuddle puppy who loves to snuggle and stick her face right up in yours (not always an asset considering her occasional dietary excursions!)

We just had a party for Choupette but, going on the theory you can never have too many parties, everybody will celebrate again today. My birthday present from afar is to have Christl take them through the McDonalds drive-thru and get them each their very own cheeseburger, and tell them it's from me.

Happy birthday wishes and belly rubs to all the Von Grenzweg "G" litter.

Tim and Christl with Gandalf, Holly and Choupette
In loving memory of Urmel, Frodo, Baerli & Magic
Domaine Bernois
Nimes, France