TOday is or first berner, Geordi's 8th birthday. THis is a milestone because of his
sever orthopedic problems the vets at Michigan State predicted that he would most
likely be so arthridic by the time he's 2, he would most likely have to be put to
sleep. In his case, I'm so glad they were wrong! He does now have quite a bit trouble
getting up, but manages. He's been on supplements for years which helped a ton. Geordi
is what got so so involved with this breed. All of his problems and needs forced us to
learn more, and now we share that information by being active in the Heart of Michigan
club and heading up the rescue/re homing responsibilities for the club. Geordi's
issues have allowed us to help educate others and help dogs in need. So if something
good can came from a poor situation, I guess that's it.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Big Guy!! Enjoy your new toys, Ice Cream cake and steak dinner!
You deserve it!

Bruce, Linda & the Fuzzy Four