We just moved into a rental house that has a GIGANTIC Avocado
tree in the backyard.  Ginger, our 1 1/2 year old Bernese has
decided that she LOVES Avocados and needs to eat as many
as Mr. Squirrel drops from the tree (she'd prefer the squirrel
but will settle for the avocadoes.) I just read that Avocados
are listed on the Toxic for Dogs list and was wondering if anyone
had any experience or more information about them?
(Our chocolate lab used to eat them all the time when we
lived in another rental house that had a big tree....and she
lived to be 14!)  We are nervous now and not sure how to handle
keeping her from eating them, as we can't trim the tree and
there are literally hundreds of avocadoes just waiting to drop.
(We've been picking them up morning and night and also tried
putting hot sauce on some to see if that would help - I
was scoffed at for that attempt!)
Thanks so much for any and all advice or information.
Berner hugs from Los Angeles,
Kaethy and Ginger