Hi Sherri and All,

>When I've brought puppies home at 8 weeks or so, they could not physically
>make it through the night without having to pee.

Too right! A wee pup brought home has to go when he/she has to go, takes a
few more weeks before bladder comes under control.

Best always to talk to your breeder before you bring pup home, have they
trained to newspapers, sawdust? No pup will want to foul it's bed! But did
have Mom there before to clean up! Is a Baby!

I have brought up three pups! They have been sort of house trained, bar a
few accidents within a few weeks. And very soon found the dog flap where
they could go outside.

Takes gentle encouragement, take pup out and praise when goes outside! Do
not expect miracles. This is a baby and bladder control kicks in around 14
weeks so before then is up to you to make sure pup is outside and going in
the right place and getting praise.

Training here is up to you when you take on a pup, compare to a human baby
in nappies and your Berner Pup will be fully house trained a lot sooner!

And do not spare the cuddles and the praise, when pup arrives is wee babe
and is scared, give lots of love and understanding and enjoy! Berner Pups
become big Berners much too soon!

All love,

Jean, Sunny, Simmy, Barney and the Gang
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX