Thanks to all of you who responded with such encouraging notes. You gave
me a new way to look at things. We can't know the fate of our little
guys and gals but we should be very tuned in to them since they can't
tell us if something hurts or that they don't feel good. As with any
living being the best defense against any illness is early
detection/treatment, excersise and a healthy diet. We may be fortunate
enough to have one of the "lucky ones" who lives to a ripe old Berner
age or we may not, so let's hug our little ones and enjoy them as much
as they seem to enjoy us and "listen" to what they have to say about how
they are feeling, as I know alot of you do.

Thanks again,
Maria, Mark, Jack and Arabia
Ringwood, NJ