My two boys, Porter (13 mo old BMD) and Kief (7 mo old
GSD) are being bit by what I think are mosquitoes.
Porter seems to be getting them around his eyes & Kief
is showing alot in the groin area.  These are the ones
that are noticeable, but there may be more.  The bites
don't seem to bother the dogs too much, but with the
high rate of West Nile in this area I would like to
try to prevent the bites.  As Kief doesn't have all
his hair yet in his groin area we are able to get a
good look at the bites.  They are red, circular and
not swollen (mosquitoes??).  They seem to disappear
after about 8 hours. My vet told me that dogs are not
all that prone to West Nile, but I would rather
prevent the bites altogether if I can (they do get
heartworm protection). I think I remember reading
about a safe, effective repellent made from Tea Tree
Oil.  Does anyone have this "recipe"?

Thanks,

=====
Jennifer Martyn