How appropriate that I read in a recent message from
Pat Long that
"Sandy Novocin is collecting information about
symptoms that we see in Bernese that seem to suffer
from something similar to Multiple Sclerosis in
humans. She wants to provide information to a
neurologist that is interested in learning more about
this problem."

It is with heavy heart that I announce the passing of
Olga, a dog I met in February and fostered recently
until she left this world.  Although Olga suffered
many travails throughout her far too short life,
including what appears to be this syndrome, I am sure
that she touched the hearts of so many who met her or
heard of her situation.  As her condition progressed,
she never failed to give inspiration to those
surrounding her.  Barely able to walk or stand, she
would valiantly play with her Berner house mate, even
trying to do a play-bow.  She lived life to the
fullest of her ability and always gave her best.

I have many things to thank Olga for: her persistence
in trying new things with such glee gave me the
encouragement I needed when things seemed so gloomy,
and she introduced me to some friends that showed me
how many giving people are in this world.  Thank you
to all who have helped me to help Olga, especially the
unfailing support of Donna and Louie, who rescued this
girl when no one else could, and gave her the TLC she
so needed and deserved in the last months of her life.

Olga's last gift was to help with the study of this
disease or syndrome.  Although not getting all the
tests that were needed, she did contribute much to the
study.  Hopefully, it will help to someday put an end
to such suffering.  If anyone needs any information
regarding this study or symptoms, please feel free to
contact me.

          Olga
Sept.18, 2000 - June 10, 2003
"Rest in peace, and run with ease"