hi all,

yesterday i noticed baka's lump (on her hip/butt) had grown (& changed shape somewhat). when i touched it lightly to feel its size, baka growled to let me know i was hurting her. so i called our vet today to make an appointment to get it checked out again.

today we noticed that baka's fur was wet around the bump & she no longer minded if we touched that spot (& its back to its original shape). so, i'm guessing it was a cyst like the vet suggested & its in the process of bursting. our appointment with the vet is friday. in the meantime, does anyone have any home treatment suggestions - anything i should do to take care of it, prevent it from getting infected, etc? or should i just let it alone till friday? i didn't find anything in my doggie health book & haven't gone internet searching yet.

thanks!
laura & baka (ow that hurt!)
chapel hill, nc