Jaye,

I'm sorry to hear about the tumor, but hopefully it will not be a
problem for her going forward! I did write an article about the topic
some number of years ago when my Maggie had one removed as well, and
that article also compiled a number of List member experiences. You can
find that and many other articles about Berner health issues on
www.bmdca.org in the Health section. (Maggie had a tumor removed from
her front leg when she was 6.5 years old, we didn't do chemo - which for
mast cell is typically prednisone - nor did we do radiation. She had no
recurrence of the mast cell and lived another 3 years.)

One thing that will help people respond - does the vet think they got
good clean margins when they removed the tumor? And where was the tumor?
(Location doesn't really matter except that it does help with getting
wide margins in some areas rather than others...)

You hug Heather and Lucy for me, and share some bellyrubs with them too!

Pat Long (& Luther)
Berwyn PA