When my sweet and sensitive Berner, Jorda, was four years old, a mast cell tumor was removed from her foot. Our regular veterinarian removed it; he is a skilled and talented surgeon who has tremedous experience with many Bernese and has been doctor to my dogs since 1983. I do not know the grade of the tumor. Jorda was put on a medicine whose name begins with a "t," to the best of my recollection. This was back in 1990. Every six months until she was ten years old, our veterinarian would do Xrays to ascertain there was no return of the mast cell cancer. It turned out that it had been surgically cured as it never returned. Jorda crossed the Bridge at age thirteen years two weeks two days (large cell lymphoblastic lymphosarcoma). If you would like more information about her treatment, I can give you our DVM's clinic number.
Thank you for the information about francs; a friend asked me about the conversion and I had no idea.
Lisa Allen