Sterling gets the same thing that Flash does.  After his summer trim, I see him
laying on the hearth rocks to absorb the coolness.  I add one area, however.
The, ah, undertail area also gets shaved.  Sterling has a very heavy coat and as
he gets older, that area isn't as daisy-fresh (apologies to Maria) as it was.
Shaving helps with keeping things clean :-)

Marjie