> We have the absolute sweetest little Berner - her name is Ouisie and she
turned 7 months on Saturday.  She currently weighs around 42 lbs. and people
often ask if she is a "Mini-Bernese!"  She is our baby and we have no
intention to show her - but, I'm just wondering if anyone thinks that she
may be abnormally small.  We could care less how big she gets, but it
occured to me the other day that I should probably make sure there isn't a
medical reason for her petite frame.  If anyone has any input, we'd welcome
it.

Misha,

If Ousie is in good flesh and health, the weight you mention indicates to me
she may be a small girl when grown. I have had a couple of Berner girls who
never hit 70 pounds when full grown. I think Ouisie may be very much like
them.  One died a few years back at age 8 and the other is still with me.

Ruth  Reynolds
Pioneer Bernese
www.jersey.net/~mountaindog/rar

  • Weight Misha Cooper