If you are within reasonable driving distance of Norfolk/Virginia Beach,
Virginia, Care A Lot Pet Supply Warehouse (some of you are familiar with
their mail order services) has a retail outlet right on the border of
Norfolk/Virginia Beach.  Each weekend day, a different breed is featured.
August 3, 2003 is Bernese Mountain Dog Day.  Show up with your Bener and get
5% off your entire purchase.  I was wondering if anyone wanted to get
together at a specific time and show Care A Lot what a "bunch of Berners"
looks like.  Maybe afterwards, if anyone is interested, we could have a
little Berner picnic at a nearby park.  Please reply to me if you are
interested and I'll keep you posted on the developments.

I have no affiliation with Care A Lot other than I love the place, they have
the cheapest prices in town on all things pet (dog, cat, reptile) and have a
large, pet-friendly warehouse where leashed pets are welcome, all the time.
They have a website, www.carealotpets.com, if you are interested in
pre-shopping...

It would be really great to meet some of you since I'm new to Berners but
have already decided I definitely need another one!!!

Wendy Keene, Klarsson (Big Berner Boy) and Lilah (the right colored Sheltie)
Hampton, VA