I have received a couple of replies from Cabela's.
The following is one of them where 'Ron' suggests my
concerns seem to parallel their own!

................Thank you for your recent
correspondence concerning the Sporting Dog
Seminars recently held at the Cabela’s Dundee Showroom
location.  The
seminars are all directed to the sporting dog and
include crate training,
retrieval training, and what to look for in a puppy
when purchasing a
hunting dog, to name a few.

There are a limited number of AKC registered sporting
dog breeders
on-hand as well, which are allowed to attend only
after they have met
stringent guidelines in place for the protection of
each animals welfare.

We respect your position, which appears to parallel
our own, and have
forwarded your comments and concerns to our Executive
Management Team.

Ron