I am reposting this email I received, to the list with permission from the author. I
know that we have some opinionated people out there, ;-)  and here is the perfect
opportunity to express them. I'm hoping that they are able to act on this book ASAP.
I'm sure that it will be an important work for those of us that don't read German and
to finally get to read it instead of just looking at the pictures.

Dear Bernese Mountain Dog Official:

    We need your help.

    Doral Publishing (www.doralpub.com) has been in constant
communication with Bernd Gunter the author of BERNER SENNENHUND to do an
American edition of the book.

    During our discussions we have looked at different approaches to the
North American Version. As most of you know Bernd is an accomplished
photographer and would like to make the American edition a coffee table
type book with beautiful color photographs on quality paper. This is
appealing but expensive

    Another approach would be to do the book with 16 pages of drop in
color. Less expensive but adds color

    A third approach would be to do the book as is with the English
translation.

    The reason we seek your guidance is that we want to produce a book
that meets the needs of the American and Canadian breeders/exhibitors.
Just putting out another book on the breed is not our aim, and, we hope,
not yours either. We would like your input.

    We would appreciate your responses to guide us in producing a book
that does credit to the breed.

    Thank you for your prompt assistance

Lynn Grey
Marketing Manager
Doral Publishing, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jim LaFrom
San Jose, Ca
now get out there and work dem workn'dogs