Just came back from a going away party for a veterinarian of ours who is
returning to her homeland of Canada.  Paula has been one of the vets in our
clinic who has taken care of our pets for the last ten years.  Very
dedicated and passionate professional, her leaving is a great loss.  Tonight
was an eye opener with anecdotes from other vets and technicians and pet
owners on all vets and vet techs do for our furry friends..the long hours,
the learnings, the tough cases, the individual cases they will never forget.
I sobbed and I laughed.  A good vet is priceless.  We lost our Travis to
cancer a year and a half ago and it was a very complicated case...started
out looking like osteosarcoma and ended up looking like it was MH after all
was said and done.  Paula grabbed me in a big hug and said that M.
Histiocytosis fooled her once but it won't fool her again...she now knows
what she is up against with that kind of cancer.  We have another vet at
this clinic who has become a very good friend...made many trips to our home
when Travis was very ill.  The whole staff at our clinic is
terrific...they're all women ;)

Cindy Reid
Corning, NY