This past weekend we drove up to Fredericton, New Brunswick for 4 beautiful, pristine, wonderful obedience trials... The club has run-throughs on Friday night so you can go into the weekend feeling as prepared as possible... So many enthusiastic thanks to River Valley Obedience Club for these trials... You can read about them at:

http://www.brunnet.net/rvoftc/aboutrvo.htm

Ptolli had been working well, so, for once, I felt pretty well prepared for trying for the Canadian Utility Dog title -- for which, by the way, you get their OTCH title -- two-for-one!!

On Saturday we had a couple of small bobbles but held it together and qualified both times. On Sunday, the first time we tried Utility, Ptolli had a small crisis of confidence on the down-signal... But the next time, piece by piece, we worked through that class and... WE DID IT!! Ptolli finished an entire Utility title in ONE weekend!!

AND... It was her THIRD one -- she has now earned her Utility Dog title in the AKC, UKC and CKC... But she's not the first! I found this website recently which lists lots of "Berner firsts":

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Park/8746/bmdfirsts.html

But she might be the second... And if she's not, I'd be delighted to hear about it!

It was also great to re-meet up with Berner people, Terry Wilkins and Wendy Bennett, as well as many people who thought that Ptolli was just wonderful... 'course she is! But she appreciates a little adoration as much as the next Berner!! i.e. a LOT! :-)

FYI, the "Berners in Obedience" website is now being maintained at:

http://www.malcolmson.org/bmd/bmdobed/intro.html

The records are a bit out of date, but one thing at a time... I'm fleshing things out, bit by bit... Look for some good stories here and there, and NOT just about my dogs!

--Elizabeth

======================== Elizabeth Malcolmson with Can. OTCH, UUD Ledgewood's Ptolemy, UDX, DD, Can. DD Remembering Tycho & Zoey, treasured beyond measure Rockport, MA, USA