At 12:01 AM 29/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:

But, and it is an almighty BUT...
Maggie & Roxie play off each other: if they see another dog, or if
people stand just out of their reach (and say "ooh, you've got your
hands full there." Arrrgh)

Oh, I wish I had a pound for every time someone said to me "ooh, you've got your
hands full there." I'd be comfortably well off by now!!

It's a bind taking my three dogs out at the same time. Boris just loves to dawdle and pee, and sniff, and pee, and pee (you get my drift). The two Belgians like to pretend that they are really two sled dogs and pull like they're in the Itarod. Heaven help me if they see another dog, squirrel, or horrors - a cat!

Long story short, I have started walking them on a "supposedly no-pull" halter. This brand is called "Holt" and it came from petsmart. There are other makes like the sporn halter, but this is just the one I happened to try. It works, sort of. They are easier to handle, but they still pull a bit. Tanja, not so much as Tyra. The halters aren't too expensive so I reckon it's worth a try.

Wendy, Boris and the pointy-pests

Boris Beard
Ottawa, Canada
http://members.rogers.com/bernerboris/bernerbooks.html