Kathie,

When I do back-to-back breedings the time I wait is until the next heat cycle
- this can be anywhere from six months (from the start of the previous heat
cycle - which produces puppies six months from birthdate of previous litter -
plus or minus) up to nine months, or more, if that is how long it takes the
bitch to come into season again. They all differ!  As it takes the uterus 4.5
months (about 135 days) to recover from the last cycle, I won't breed a bitch who
cycles back as soon as this 4+ months as they won't carry a litter on this
next cycle.  Oh, they'll happily play hide the salami, but they won't get pups
:-)

Libby Kesner
and the Berner girls of Maine
Voorheesville NY USA