Sorry folks - I forgot to do the last post in plain text. My apologies. Here it is:

Hey all - a woman here in Wilmington just bought a baby berner. She had been talking to me beforehand - She wanted to get up close and personal with the boys and ask a bunch of questions before she bought. My trainer referred her to me. At any rate, Tugboat and Steamboat apparently did not scare her off, so she and her kids and husband are the very proud parents of baby Orbo. I met him today and he is a real cutie! Tried to eat my foot, but other than that, a real charmer. She asked me a couple of questions and I had information that conflicted with other info she had, so I told her I'd check it out.

First of all - neutering. At what age should she neuter? We got Tugboat and Steamboat done around 9 months, and some of the paperwork she got from the breeder says 6 months, and then another part of her paperwork says not before 2 years, which seems kind of long to me. What would be the reason for waiting that long to have him neutered?

Second - puppy food. Without getting into the discussion of the BARF diet and such, should she be feeding him a puppy food? Her vet told her it was all the same and to just feed a good adult food with a low protein content since he's a large breed, but my breeder and my vet said to use a high quality puppy food for large breed dogs for the first year. She got Eukanuba, but it's not for large breed and it's just regular adult food. Comments here?

Thanks for your help, guys. He's really a doll. Can't wait to go play with him again. Tugboat and Steamboat are really giving me the once-over with the smelling.

Andie and Tugboat (Who IS that smell, Mom?) and Steamboat (Can we eat yet?)
Wilmington, NC