Berner-L Members,
My 11 month old berner girl is stubborn beyond belief in very specific
situations. She is stubborn when she sees another dog and wants to play. She
is stubborn when she plays with a dog and she wants to play more. She is
stubborn when she has to leave the park where other owners routinely walk
their dogs. In fairness to her she is stubborn in hot weather but we limit
her walk time and have introduced her to the doggy beach which she loves!
My pup is very social, unbelievably social. She is known as the 'safe dog'
among every dog owner; young or old, big or small, aggressive or submissive;
they all gravitate to her and vice versa.
I use treats and have returned to using a prong collar to get her up after
she lays down on her back or tummy refusing to leave the park. She can be
comical sight sometimes refusing to budge. I have frankly, felt embarrassed
trying to get her up at times in front of people. They think its so funny!
I cannot avoid the park, it is the entrance way to the neighborhood. Treats
have been marginally effective. Our pup loves other dogs and will lay down
if she does not get enough doggy play, sometimes up to an hour per walk.
Are Berners known to be stubborn by breed?
Any suggestions are welcome. Terry Bering