>Please be aware that Elliot was trespassing in the man's fields. If the man
>had livestock, it is perfectly legal for him to shoot a dog which "worried"
>(chased) his livestock.
Sara here: It was one thing to shoot a dog that is trespassing, but it is quite
another to deliberately drive the dog's owner in another direction under pretense
of helping find the dog. That is the part that really gets to me and that is
why I think that this man is dangerous. Once the dog was downed--enough! The
dog and the dog's owner have learned their lesson, but let it stop there!
sara