From: Natalie Waters Seum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 2, 2003 9:33 PM
To: Bernese Mountain Dog Mailing List
Subject: grooming question

Greetings -

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. We gave George a bath today
at
a grooming facility and decided to let him dry naturally... the room was a
bit warm. Seven hours later he is close to dry, but I've just discovered
terrible mats across his back and on both shoulders. Could this be because
we didn't blow dry him? He's never had mats in that area - only a bit
behind
his ears. I worked on him with a comb for about a half hour - until he was
obviously uncomfortable. I'll resume trying to get them out tomorrow - any
advice?

Many thanks,
Natalie and George
(Mom, I've had enough already... a brushing, bath and combing all in the
same day... ph-lease.)