Just wanted to share my wonderful news! My 5 1/2 year old bernerboy, Ollie
developed a lump under his throat a few weeks ago. In no time it had grown
to the size of a baseball, and the vet felt it was very aggressive and
scheduled surgery. It was abscessed, which caused the rapid growth, and we
had to wait days for the biopsy to come back. The vet had not expected good
news - but last night called to say it was not cancerous....some form of
cyst that had become infected.
Now, I know my dane puppy, with her grabbing onto Ollie's scruff to initiate
play may have had something to do with puncturing/infecting the cyst and I
feel terrible that I didn't intervene in stopping her. However, they do
enjoy each other's company...I only wish Ollie would not be so patient and
wait so long to repremand her when she does that to him. I was prepared to
keep them separated, but both hated it, and the pup, smelling the healing
wound from the surgery has been very mindful of staying away from it. We'll
see. Anyway...Ollie will be with us a bit longer -- he is the most special,
gentle spirit I've known in the canine world, and I feel blessed at this
outcome. Hug your furrfaces for me, please.