Dear Listers: a couple of days ago I wrote asking for suggestions for a
friend whose 8.5 year old berner was having problems with a 'numb' leg. I
had lots of responses, and forwarded  them to my friend. Here, for the
record, is her response:

>We are profoundly grateful to the respondents for their insightful and
helpful advice.
> We are both starting to feel that the problem is neurologic. Now its a
question of deciding if diagnosis(neurologist) or empiric
intervention(chiropractic,acupuncture and other 'woo woo' therapies) should
be our next step.

> For the moment we will give Fluvie a doctor break while we make our
inquiries
> and our decisions. Meanwhile, we've started to change his diet to more
> antioxidants and he seems more happy and energetic.

...and I thank everyone as well.

Susan (and Djinn and Riley)